Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fancy Footwork


New Zealand is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! The skiing here is great, even though it is either really icy or really slushy. The landscape is breathtaking! The town we are staying in, Wanaka, has one of the best lakes on the southern island, Lake Wanaka. When Jacob and I were driving to our cabin we saw this HUGE, white-tailed buck in the middle of a field covered with purple with flowers. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me:-( Lake Wanaka

Wanaka is also home to one of the best freeskiers and skateboarders in the world, Jossi Wells. He has three younger siblings Byron,Beau-James,and Jackson Wells. They all ski at their hometown resort, Snowpark. Jacob got a great shot of me in the park learning a broken. Jacob also did this sweet 270 disaster on to a rail and stomped it! The bad part is I didn't get it on film!

Honestly I don't think I can ever get bored here. There is climbing,beaches,mountain biking,skiing, pretty much everything you can imagine! It is like my personal wonder world "New Bearland", yeah, that sounds pretty good.


After a great day at Snowpark, Jacob and I were driving back from the hill and we saw a big flock of sheep. I had a perfect idea, we can go sheep chasing! I caught my first sheep and I named him Sheepster. The farmer got kind of mad at us, but then he tried to catch a sheep and thought it was pretty fun too! Being the friendly Kiwi that he was, he forgave us.

Now I know where the New Zealanders got there nick name "Kiwi". In New Zealand there is this round, little bird that is about the size of a chicken. Kiwis are flightless birds with a long, sharp beak with nostrils at the tip. They use this strange beak to eat yummy fruit like the kiwi and dig in the ground for worms and crayfish. There are five different species of kiwi birds and they are all endangered because of deforestation. The New Zealanders are kind like the bird and sweet like the fruit.

There is too much fun to be had in New Zealand. On the northern island there is a ton of surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving and all sorts of crazy wildlife. Jacob and I are at dinner right now I am trying to convince him to go to the north island next week with me because I just can't get enough of Kiwiland. I'm crossing my fingers!

Logybear

6 comments:

  1. Logybear! The kiwi birds are so cool! You and "Yacob" seem to find the coolest stuff no matter where you are! Is your goal to ski in every continent? The icy-slushy thing is probably really good for your skiing skills, even though it's kind of a drag. If you go scuba diving, PLEASE tell me how it is, because Ellie are going in Australia, and we want to know what to be on the lookout for! Sounds like you are having a FANTASTIC time, needless to say. Safe travels!!

    Niki Mouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way Logan,I one who deleted that video, because it was so bad.

    Yacob :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAN! New Zealand sounds AWSOME! I can't wait to go there.

    Cody
    P.S. Are you guys going to ski everywhere you go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Zealand sounds awesome!! That little kiwi bird looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Logan, you should plan to work in PR for New Zealand when you get older! Well, why wait...you do an amazing job of covering the beauty and excitement of that country. I needed Google Translate for the park section, but other than that I was with you all the way! :) I've always heard and now can confirm through your details that New Zealand is like California. And as for claustrophobia. I just don't know how the Kiwi bird can tolerate being a BIRD and flightless at that. Thank you, also, for reminding us that New Zealand is made up of islandS, plural. Thank you, Logan! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Logan, when my aunt Mary Beth (the rock-star) went to New Zealand, she said she wasn't a huge fan of it sometimes, so I didn't want to go. But from your blog entry, I have changed my mind. It sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!! LZ

    ReplyDelete