Wednesday, February 2, 2011

From Morocco then to Thailand and now Russia



This is the snazzy car Keegan and I drove around in when we went to Russia. Our first stop was a hockey match in Moscow. It was amazing! In one part of the game, the goalie dived to try and stop his opponent, but his opponent leaped over him and got the puck in the goal!!! (See his shot below.)


After the hockey game, we went to see St. Basil's Cathedral. It was beautiful!
Inside of the cathedral
As soon as we went inside, I spotted a tray of Russian tea cakes, which made me realize how hungry I was.

I asked our guide if I could have a few, and he said yes. So I ravenously reached out, swiped a few off the tray, and popped one in my mouth. It was decadent! I quickly stuffed the others in my mouth and reached out for more (without asking). But as I started to grab some more, the tray tipped over, and all the tea cakes went scattering all over the floor. The guide was furious, but I immediately apologized and said that the chef could always make more.
Nicholas

5 comments:

  1. Now I'm hungry! Look how colorful the cathedral is! It isn't something that you would see in the states, and that's for sure! Whoever designed it is really creative, and wanted a unique building, and they succeeded, it is one of the most well known in the world! Have fun in Your part of Russia, Elmo and I are at Lake Baikal right now, and we went to Cambodia. Bye!
    Niki Mouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicolas, there you go again with those acrobatics...this time with the tumbling tea cakes! I have to say, now I want to see the wolves AND the cathedral. I just about jumped out of my seat when I saw that architecture, and then the inside of the cathedral is just as bright! It's beautiful. And VERY fitting you went to a hockey game in Moscow. Is that their favorite sport? I've always thought it was! :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, how mad did the guide git, did he yell at you in the cathedral?

    Cody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicholas,

    When I saw that building I thought I was playing the Candy Land board game! It reminded me of the lolly pop building. Silly me.

    Russia sounds so fun!! LZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh, Russian Tea Cakes!!!! I sure hope you either learned how to make them or bring A LOT of them back! Ohhhhh, Russian Tea Cakes! YUM!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete